Carlton Fire and Ambulance
Carlton Fire and Ambulance

History

Carlton Fire and Ambulance was started in 1888 as the Northern Pacific Junction Fire Company. In 1896, the name was changed to Carlton Volunteer Fire Department. This was when the first fire hall was built. The department assisted Cloquet Fire Department during the fires of 1918. Between the founding of the department and 1939, the department was reorganized numerous times in order to better serve the community. In 1942, the department purchased an inhalator, the first piece of medical equipment to be purchased by the department. In 1950, the fire department started operating an ambulance in conjunction with Barr Brothers funeral home. In 2010, the department purchased its first aerial truck. Today, the department is operating at 50 members to serve Carlton and surrounding communities.

Old Rigs

Training 1966

Sawyer Fire 1968

Find us on Facebook

Welcome to Carlton Fire and Ambulance! Much of the website is under construction, but feel free to check out what we have so far.

Print Print | Sitemap
© Carlton Fire and Ambulance